Saturday, August 30, 2008

RAVANA ABDUCTS SITA.


RAVANA ABDUCTS SITA.ravana waited till lakshmana disappeared from sight. he then assumed the form of a sannyasi who chanted holy vedic verses and called loudly for alms.sita , who was hovering near the doorway of the hut waiting for lakshmana to return with rama, saw the sannyasi and heard his request for alms. she went in to fetch a bowl of rice wich she held out.he said'' come, my daughter, come near and receive my blessings!''she said''i cannot cross the line and come out''''then i shall go else where to seek alms!'' the sannyasi remarked and turned as if to go away.sita felt ashamed of herself for trying to ignore a holy man's request, and slowly stepped over the line which lakshmana had drawn. at once the sannyasi revealed his true form. he grabbed sita's hand and pulled her forward.''come with me to lanka and live the life luxury!he said sita struggled in his grasp and said ''alas! why did i send lakshmanaaway!let me go at once. rama and lakshmana will come and soon slay you!''ravana just laughed and pushed sita into his golden chariot.sita cried as loudly as she could, ''o rama! o lakshmana! please help me!save me from this wicked rakshasa who is carrying me away to lanka! help, o rama! o lakshmana!''

No comments: