Monday, August 25, 2008

king dasaratha's anguish.



KING DASARATAH could noe believe his ears. ''i refuse to speak such unkind words to rama!''dasaratha groaned,kaikeyi laughed scornfully and said ''o king !it behoves a ruler of the solar dynasty to keep his word.''kaikeyi called sumanthra go and at once and send rama here!the king wishes to speak to him ''she said.rama came atonce .dasaratha saw his beloved son and cried ! ''o rama!''kaikeyi saw that dasaratha was unwilling to talk. so, she took matters into her hand.
''your father once gave me two boons and i have asked for them now.he does not know how to tell you.,so i shall do it for him! i want bharata to be crowned instead of you, in the first place. then i want you go in exile to the forestfor fourteen years and lead the life of an ascetic'' she said.'' o is that all?i will be very happy if my dear brother, bharata is croened.what is kingship to me if it can help my father to keep his promise?and ,i willgladly go to live in the forest. please tell father not to be so upset. i shall takeleave of my mother before leaving for the forest!''rama spoke caimly.
rama go to his mother's place.and tolled'' mother ,please give me your blessings! iam proceeding to the forest to fulfil my father's promise made to mother kaikeyi'' rama bowed to his own mother.kausalya exclaimed with surprise.''my lord ,i shall accompany you to the forest'' sita announced calmly.
'' you are a princess so you not used in the forest ''.rama tried to dissuade sita.'' no my lord, a wife's placeis her husband bothin joy and sorrow. so have diceded to go with you and share your difficulties. besides,i knowthat you will protect me from any danger!''.sita saidfirmly.''i too shall go with you ,brother ,to beof help in protecting you and serving you in any way i can. what is life here in ayodhya without you?''lakshmana said.
''osn lakshmana,go with my blessings with rama and sita and come back safely after the exile period of fourteen years!''sumitra said and looked at kausalya. ''do not worry, sister, my brave son loves rama more than his ownlife and will look after both him and sita!''rama ,sita ,and lakshmanagave away all their possessions and dressed in austere ascetic garb.then they went on foot to kaikeyi's apartmentto take leave of the king.

No comments: